Title: Bi-lingual Environmental Educator
Reports to: Policy Associate
Description: New Jersey LCV Education Fund is seeking a Bi-lingual Environmental Educator to elevate the voices of Latinx and Hispanic people to ensure their values are reflected in public policy decisions, build partnerships with Latinx community groups, and establish a volunteer network to help shape our environmental agenda.
The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters Education Fund is dedicated to maximizing the participation of conservation-minded voters in public policy decisions made at the state and local levels regarding New Jersey’s environment and natural resources. Our programs strengthen and build the power of the environmental community, and they expand, deepen, and activate a base of conservation-minded voters around the state.
- Support and initiate collaborations between Latinx groups, environmental justice communities, and New Jersey LCV Education Fund.
- Build partnerships with Latinx and Hispanic groups by elevating shared environmental issues of concern as important issues in New Jersey LCV Education Fund’s legislative, civic engagement, and political programs.
- Develop a program to build awareness and engage Latinx and environmental justice communities on environmental issues, including climate change, clean energy, electric school and public buses, and to increased civic engagement.
- Oversee message development and research on environmental issues attuned to Latinx communities.
- Plan and hold events to raise awareness about environmental issues impacting Latinx families and businesses.
- Conduct interviews with the media on our work and issue priorities.
- Identify and cultivate potential Latinx leaders to serve as volunteers and Board Members.
- Fundraise for the program including submitting grant proposals to foundations and individual donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- At least one-year organizing or campaign experience including field, outreach, and programs.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with or within Latinx and Hispanic community.
- Skills: Strong campaign skills, including identifying strategic opportunities; strong writing skills in Spanish and English; very well organized; able to work with remote supervision; works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; and interest in environmental issues and their potential to engage the Latinx and Hispanic community.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes benefits such as health and dental insurance, vacation and a 401k plan.
Position Requirements: This is a fulltime, grant-funded position based in Princeton and Trenton, NJ. Evening and weekend hours and access to a car are required to be successful.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Bi-lingual Environmental Educator” in the subject line. Applications accepted on rolling basis. No phone calls, please.