The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters Education Fund is dedicated to maximizing the participation of conservation-minded voters in public policy decisions made at the state and local levels regarding New Jersey’s environment and natural resources. Our programs strengthen and build the power of the environmental community, and they expand, deepen, and activate a base of conservation-minded voters around the state.
New Jersey LCV Education Fund is seeking an Environmental Justice Community Organizer to build partnerships with Latino advocacy groups in New Jersey, to gather information about environmental issues in Latino communities, and elevate the environment as a priority issues within the Latino community to ensure their environmental values are reflected in public policy decisions.
- Build partnerships with Latino and Hispanic groups by elevating shared environmental issues of concern as important issues in New Jersey LCV Education Fund’s legislative, civic engagement, and political programs.
- Support and initiate collaborations between Latino groups, environmental justice communities, and New Jersey LCV Education Fund.
- Develop a program to build awareness and engagement of Latino and environmental justice communities on environmental issues, including electric school and public buses, and to increase their participation in elections.
- Fundraise for the program including submitting grant proposals to foundations and individual donors.
- Oversee message development and research on Latino attitudes on environmental issues. Conduct interviews with the media on our work and issue priorities.
- Work with New Jersey LCV Education Fund and partner groups to develop programs that engage and train Latino and environmental justice activists around localized issues and hold rallies.
- Identify and cultivate potential Latino Board members for the New Jersey LCV Education Fund.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree required
- Work experience: At least one-year campaign experience including program development, management, fundraising and outreach. Ideal candidates will have experience working with or within the Latino community.
- Skills: Strong campaign skills, including identifying strategic opportunities; good writing skills; fluent in English and Spanish; very well organized; able to work with remote supervision; works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; and interest in environmental issues and their potential to engage the Latino community.
Compensation is contingent upon qualifications and experience, and includes benefits such as health and dental insurance, vacation and a 401k plan.
This is a full-time, grant-funded position based in Princeton and Trenton, NJ. Evening and weekend hours and access to a car are required to be successful.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Environmental Justice Community Organizer” in the subject line by January 17th. No phone calls please.