Title: Water Quality Coordinator
Reports To: Campaign Director
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (New Jersey LCV Ed Fund) educates, empowers and mobilizes residents to engage in the democratic process to advance strong environmental solutions. We provide policymakers and opinion leaders with sound, objective, non-partisan information that encourages actions that safeguard the environment now and for future generations.
New Jersey LCV Ed Fund seeks a full-time Water Quality Coordinator to conduct public education and outreach about polluted runoff and flooding from unmitigated stormwater. The community organizer will be responsible for engaging with members of the public, community leaders, and relevant non-profit organizations in targeted areas.
- Build widespread grassroots support for effective stormwater management.
- Recruit and build relationships with citizen volunteers and cultivate leaders.
- Motivate, manage and coordinate volunteers to educate the public and decision-makers about the need for stormwater infrastructure investments and fees through phone calls, letters, letters to the editor, signature petition drives, constituent meetings, and virtual and in-person education and engagement activities.
- Engage local environment-focused citizen groups through outreach.
- Attend public events such as farmer’s markets and community days/events to engage the public in targeted areas about the threats to drinking water supplies that flooding and stormwater pose.
- Attend local community organization partners’ activities and events.
- Maintain member engagement through weekly email updates, scheduled in-person or digital check-ins, and volunteer leadership coordination.
- Regularly submit status reports to Campaign Director and Policy Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to conservation.
- Personable, dependable team player.
- Ability to advocate for nonpartisan policy positions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills.
- This individual must be able to work independently, as well as, with a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteer activists and mobilize public support
- Prior field organizing experience strongly preferred, but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of Voter Activation Network (VAN) and Catalyst preferred, but not necessary.
This is a full-time position and will be based out of our office in Princeton. However, travel throughout New Jersey will be necessary, so a valid driver’s license and access to a car are required. This person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend work may be required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Water Quality Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls, please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.